Skin, Acne & Pimples
Acne & Pimples Treatment
The condition involves the buildup of sebum in the pores of the skin. Sebum is an oily substance made by the sebaceous glands under the skin. When this becomes trapped, it can form pimples on the surface of the skin. These are small, red, pus-filled spots or zits. Breakouts range from mild and occasional to severe and ongoing.
For pimples, after detailed investigation, investigations, patient is put on the package of 6 months to 9 mths, which includes consultations, medications, procedures.
Fast facts on pimples
Here are some key points about pimples.
• Most teenagers and a significant number of adults experience pimples.
• Prompt treatment of pimples can help to overcome the emotional and psychological effects.
• Stress, anxiety, greasy hair, and a high-fat, high-sugar diet may increase the risk in some people..
• Doctors recommend gently washing the face no more than twice daily..
• Popping pimples increases the risk of infection..
• Over-the-counter (OTC) pimple treatments often contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur.
• Prescription medication for pimples includes topical treatment, antibiotics, isotretinoin, and laser and light therapy..